A part-time job as an Afterschool Teacher for the Golden Chickpea Afterschool Program. Seeking someone with a strong passion for inspiring creativity in children through art, music, reading, language and, most importantly, play.
Must be available from 2:30 - 6:00 Monday- Thursday & 1:40 - 6:00 on Fridays.
- Pick up students from Pierce or Lincoln and transition them from school to a nearby playground.
- Supervise and play with students (must love the outdoors - we will be outside 1-2 hours every day weather permitting)
- Transition from playground back to our center
- Assist in snack preparation and clean-up
- Help develop personalized curriculum and activities to engage our children's imagination, creativity and curiosity.
- Actively and enthusiastically participate and assist in art/S.T.E.M./music/drama/language/outdoor/free play activities
- Clean up and follow closing procedures after students leave
- Ability to understand, adapt and be flexible to the ever-changing needs of our students
- Effective at communicating with both children and parents
- Experience working with children ages 5-12
- Brookline resident
- CORI and SORI background check completion
- A physical examination within the last year and proof of MMR vaccination
Not required upon applying, but must complete upon hiring: